What is Sex Therapy?
A specialty in the field of psychotherapy that focuses on specific sexual concerns such as:
- Difficult or inability to orgasm
- Erectile Dysfunction or inability to maintain an erection
- Out of Control Sexual Behavior
- Sexual Identity Questions
- Unequal sex drives between partners
- Lack of sex between partners
- Difficulty communicating around sexual matters
- Sexual Orientation Questions
Why Sex Therapy?
We are all sexual beings. It is the core of human experience. What that means to each of us is very unique. If we are experiencing sexual stressors it inevitably affects other areas such as self esteem; relationships; self care; and can be a chronic source of pain, fear and frustration. Therapy is a safe place to explore the private concerns of sexuality with a trained sex therapy professional. You can expect a non judgmental approach, empathic acceptance; with knowledgeable guidance to help you manage whatever the concerns may be. All sexual minorities, LGBTQ, are treated with sensitivity and appreciation.